herminiotorres

herminiotorres

Doom Emacs

Someone where use Doom Emacs right now? I like to starting this topic to discuss it and learn a little bit more, not just only the emacs editor and the custom configurations most of the focus in the Elixir Language.

I’m the fresh use emacs and doom emacs for more clarifications, and I use this editor for around more than one week.

And I really enjoy it most then use my vim with my own configuration where I spend so much time configure and customize my keybindings.

Tell more about your experience, and customizations, and so on…

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

BTW on macOS I accelerated my Spacemacs significantly (and I suppose the normal Emacs as well but never tested) by using a font with no emoji. Dumb but it works. Don’t ask how much hours did it take me to find the recommendation on the net…

My font is Sometype Mono. Installable through homebrew like this: brew install font-sometype-mono

Hallski

Hallski

Adding to the list of links but I stumbled over this interview with the creator of Doom Emacs yesterday. Found it interesting to listen to some of his background and thoughts:

Hallski

Hallski

Oh, that is interesting. Will add that to the mental tips and tricks list if I run into that. Thanks!

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
If you would prefer your file tree to be on the right hand side in Onivim, just: CTRL (or CMD) + SHIFT + P Then start to type config th...
New
First poster: bot
What you need to know before try Emacs. When it comes to Emacs, every programmer should have heard its name more or less. After all, Ema...
New
AstonJ
Inspired by some of the comments in our https://forum.devtalk.com/t/your-vim-tips/4748 (in particular those by Mafinar and Hallski) …what...
New
First poster: bot
In 2018 Bryan Cantrill gave a brilliant talk where he shared his recent experiences with the Rust programming language. More profoundly, ...
New
CommunityNews
adobe/brackets. An open source code editor for the web, written in JavaScript, HTML and CSS. - adobe/brackets This thread was posted...
New
CommunityNews
https://vimgifs-544mvq4w0-mraza007.vercel.app/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: bot
At Replit, we want to give our users the most powerful, flexible, and easy-to-get-started coding environment. However, it has been limiti...
New
First poster: bot
This article is the fifth of the series aimed to teach Vim from the ground up: Vim from the ground up Vim for Beginners Vim for Interm...
New
nirg
So, I actually got my Onivim License Key a while back. Am a Vim user for about 4 years. For me it was never ready enough for getting ac...
New
sona11
I want to declare max of length in case condition i.e 7 but getting a syntax error near select in this code. DECLARE @SQ Int(MAX) SELEC...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New