jeffmcompsci

jeffmcompsci

Design and Build Great Web APIs: Incorrect reference to example HTTP request (page 24)

Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs: Incorrect reference to example HTTP request (page 24)

Page 23 lists an example HTTP request:

"Here’s what a real HTTP request and response look like:

POST /create-user HTTP/2
Host: www.tutorialspoint.com
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 46
name=mike&email=mike@example.org&sms=123456789"

Then, on page 24 it states:

"The first line is the start-line and it contains three elements:

• HTTP method (POST)
• URL (/create-user)
• Protocol version (HTTP/2)

The next two lines are part of the header collection. In this example, it contains two values:

  • The type of message body being sent (Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlen- coded)
  • The size of the message body (Content-Length: 46)"

Suggestion: Either describe the Host: www.tutorialspoint.com line or change sentence to “The next two lines after the Host line are part of the header collection.”

#web-deveopment #cloud #book-design-and-build-great-web-apis #javascript #pragprog #published-book

Most Liked

mamund

mamund

Author of Design and Build Great Web APIs

yeah, i’ll describe the host line (will also change it form an existing URL to the example.com series). --mamund

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

yulkin
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
simonpeter
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error. user=> (create-migration "guestbook") Execution error (Ill...
New
New
swlaschin
The book has the same “Problem space/Solution space” diagram on page 18 as is on page 17. The correct Problem/Solution space diagrams ar...
New
adamwoolhether
When trying to generate the protobuf .go file, I receive this error: Unknown flag: --go_opt libprotoc 3.12.3 MacOS 11.3.1 Googling ...
New
nicoatridge
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
brunogirin
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error: ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10 I realised that I was running ...
New
dtonhofer
@parrt In the context of Chapter 4.3, the grammar Java.g4, meant to parse Java 6 compilation units, no longer passes ANTLR (currently 4....
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New

Sub Categories: