javier

javier

Design and Build Great Web APIs: curl returns error instead of activity (page 9)

Trying out the example on page 9:

​ curl https://activity-atk.herokuapp.com/list

returns:

<!DOCTYPE html>
        <html>
          <head>
                <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
                <meta charset="utf-8">
                <title>Application Error</title>
                <style media="screen">
                  html,body,iframe {
                        margin: 0;
                        padding: 0;
                  }
                  html,body {
                        height: 100%;
                        overflow: hidden;
                  }
                  iframe {
                        width: 100%;
                        height: 100%;
                        border: 0;
                  }
                </style>
          </head>
          <body>
                <iframe src="//www.herokucdn.com/error-pages/application-error.html"></iframe>
          </body>
        </html

Any ideas?

Most Liked

KurtBruhnke

KurtBruhnke

@mamund

I was able to obtain the files by downloading the source code from a link on the pragmatic programmers website.

https://media.pragprog.com/titles/maapis/code/maapis-code.zip

I suspect this problem may stem from the fact that Heroku recently eliminated their free tier, though I hope I am wrong about that being the cause.

I was able to finish chapter one by downloading the files, and I hope I’ll be able to work through the rest of the exercises in the book without the URLs working. I figure that so long as the book doesn’t have us building anything using the (former) free tier on Heroku, we should be okay.

Regards,
Kurt

Erica

Erica

Author of Swift Style

Please shoot off a message to support@pragprog.com. Let’s see what we can do about this

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

iPaul
page 37 ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is); as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be: CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
brianokken
Many tasks_proj/tests directories exist in chapters 2, 3, 5 that have tests that use the custom markers smoke and get, which are not decl...
New
JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
New
adamwoolhether
When trying to generate the protobuf .go file, I receive this error: Unknown flag: --go_opt libprotoc 3.12.3 MacOS 11.3.1 Googling ...
New
jskubick
I’m under the impression that when the reader gets to page 136 (“View Data with the Database Inspector”), the code SHOULD be able to buil...
New
taguniversalmachine
Hi, I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test. I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
mert
AWDWR 7, page 152, page 153: Hello everyone, I’m a little bit lost on the hotwire part. I didn’t fully understand it. On page 152 @rub...
New
New
dachristenson
@mfazio23 Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New

Sub Categories: