harwind

harwind

Converting an Array to a String in JavaScript

I have an array of strings in JavaScript, and I need to convert it into a single string with specific delimiter characters between the elements. Here’s a sample array:

let myArray = ["apple", "banana", "cherry", "date"];

I want to convert this array into a single string with a comma and space (", ") between each element. The desired output should look like this:

"apple, banana, cherry, date"

Please send me the JavaScript code I need to do this conversion. If I wish to use a different character or characters between the array components, how can I change the delimiter? I looked for a solution by visiting many sources, but I was unsuccessful. Please help me with this, Thank you.

/js

Most Liked

PeterKeyse

PeterKeyse

Here’s an example of how I string together the keywords from an JSon array:
Keywords = Data.keywords_and_keyphrases
KeywordString = 'Keywords: ’
for (let i = 0; i < Keywords.length; i++) {
Keyword = Keywords[i]
KeywordString = KeywordString + Keyword + ', ’
}
As you can see they’re separated by a comma + ‘, ’ which could equally be +’: ’

mindriot

mindriot

In your example you could just do:

myArray.join(“, “);

You can pass any string to the join method as a delimiter. See Array Join method documentation

gulshan212

gulshan212

Well, you have to use the join method to do what you are looking for.

let myArray = ["apple", "banana", "cherry", "date"];
let delimiter = ", "; // You can change this to your desired delimiter

let result = myArray.join(delimiter);

console.log(result);

Thanks

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Jase
Any opinions on the best platform for dev-friendly blogging?
New
New
New
harwind
I have an array of strings in JavaScript, and I need to convert it into a single string with specific delimiter characters between the el...
/js
New
harwind
I’m working on a SQL query for a database containing records of customer transactions. Each transaction has a transaction_id, customer_id...
New
harwind
I’m considering learning new languages to expand my programming skills in 2023. While aware of popular choices, I seek advice on striking...
New
harwind
I am working on a Python script, and you encounter an error related to the misuse of lists and tuples. Here’s a simplified version of you...
New
GTX
Hello everyone! I am not a developer, just wanna know if it’s possible for someone with no skills to learn how to reverse hack my hackers.
New
KnowledgeIsPower
Trivy was attacked for twice recently. CheckMarx and Telnyx was attacked too. Looks like the attack is not slowing down.
New
johnnaa
I’ve been researching monitor arms for the past few days because I want to improve my desk setup and make better use of my workspace. Aft...
New

Other popular topics Top

Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New