gman

gman

Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: %Mint.TransportError connecting from Pi to Phoenix on host

Hi All,

I’ve followed pretty much all of the book so have most of the pieces in place. Really enjoyed it so far!

Running on a rpi4. Using wifi to talk to the rpi4. I can ssh onto and download firmware to the rpi4 no problem. I can’t seem to get measurements off the rpi4 though.

From the log I get this message every 10s when the rpi4 tries to publish the measurements to the Phoenix server on my host machine:

23:31:03.506 [debug] Server response: {:error, %Mint.TransportError{reason: :econnrefused}}

My host machine is Windows 11, with WSL2 running ubuntu. On this machine I start phx.server logs:

…
graham@DESKTOP-Q3UO4M4:~/weather_tracker$ mix phx.server
warning: use Mix.Config is deprecated. Use the Config module instead
config/config.exs:8

warning: use Mix.Config is deprecated. Use the Config module instead
config/dev.exs:1

[info] Running WeatherTrackerWeb.Endpoint with cowboy 2.9.0 at 0.0.0.0:4000 (http)
[info] Access WeatherTrackerWeb.Endpoint at http://localhost:4000
…

I’ve set up the http://localhost:4000 in mu config/target/exs as:
…
config :sensor_hub, :weather_tracker_url,
“http://localhost:4000/api/weather-conditions”
…

So I think I have all that correct. But I receive no measurements. When I go on to the rpi4 I only see the messages wit the TransportError.

It feels like a network config problem but I’m new to nerves and elixir would appreciate any advice you have.

Many thanks,
Graham

First Post!

gman

gman

The timescaledb and postgres look all good - I can send ‘test’ measurements via curl and they are inserted into the DB.

I can also view those ‘test’ measurements in grafana so that side looks OK too.

It just seems to to be the connectivity between the rpi4 and Phoenix on my host PC :man_shrugging:

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

Alexandr
Hi everyone! There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display) It looks like ​.with_simple_console_no_bg​(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chapter 11: prefab) Just played a couple of amulet-less games. With a bit of debugging, I believe that your can_p...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
brian-m-ops
#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue ...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
hgkjshegfskef
The test is as follows: Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1)) And s ← sphere...
New
Charles
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: