CommunityNews
'I'm not a programmer' anymore: Linus Torvalds on the only two tools he uses now
At the Open Source Summit in Mumbai, Torvalds discusses the pain and power of AI in the kernel, and why Linux no longer supports ‘museum’ technology.
Read in full here:
First Post!
jkdiaz
Linus believes that AI boosts programmer productivity but can’t replace human understanding of code, and I 100% agree.
Popular Linux topics
What a treat it is to review the Framework laptop a few months before I’ll be buying my own.
The Framework promises to be a powerful, hi...
New
I’ve used NixOS as the only OS on my laptop for around three years at this point. Installing it has felt sort of like a curse: on the one...
New
Elevation of privilege vulnerabilities can be used to gain persistent root access.
New
A Linux Kernel Module written in Scratch (a visual programming language for kids).
Seriously. Someone did this. Because… why not?
New
RISC-V Linux on ESP32.
I’ve been playing with the idea of running linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, t...
New
GNOME at 25: A Health Checkup - Et tu, Cthulhu.
Around the end of 2020, I looked at GNOME’s commit history as a proxy for the project’s ...
New
This modular malware framework for Linux has gone undocumented until now.
New
By my count, Linux has over 11% of the desktop market. Here’s how I got that number - and why people are making the leap.
New
Now if you don’t mind I’m going to delete the root folder and see what happens.
New
This Buildroot-based basic Linux distribution runs natively on the RP2350’s Hazard3 RISC-V cores — albeit not very quickly.
New
Other popular topics
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









