CommunityNews
4 Linux tools to erase your data
4 Linux tools to erase your data.
One of the best ways to keep your data secure is by only writing data to an encrypted hard drive. On a standard drive, it’s possible to view data just by mounting the drive as if it were a thumb drive, and it’s even possible to display and recover even deleted data with tools like Scalpel and Testdisk.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Linux topics
What a treat it is to review the Framework laptop a few months before I’ll be buying my own.
The Framework promises to be a powerful, hi...
New
Solene’% : Operating systems battle: OpenBSD vs NixOS.
My feelings about OpenBSD and NixOS, trying to figure out where each is the best
New
Linux Man Pages – Dash Dash.
Dash Dash sets the linux documentation in a beautiful collection of typefaces to make the technical content...
New
My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour.
My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour
New
Devs say they have Linux booting on devices using Apple A7- and A8-based chips.
New
Getting to Gnome Mode.
Or, how do you revitalize a rundown world?
New
A journey into the Linux scheduler.
Two years ago more or less I started my journey in Linux. I was scared at first and I didn’t know wh...
New
Attackers can exploit two newly discovered local privilege escalation (LPE) vulnerabilities to gain root privileges on systems running ma...
New
By my count, Linux has over 11% of the desktop market. Here’s how I got that number - and why people are making the leap.
New
With the growing number of users jumping from Windows to Linux, I decided to fully take the plunge and dive deep into the Open Source oce...
New
Other popular topics
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









