CommunityNews
Actively exploited macOS 0day let hackers take screenshots of infected Macs
Malicious hackers have been exploiting a vulnerability in fully updated versions of macOS that allowed them to take screenshots on infected Macs without having to get permission from victims first.
The zero-day was exploited by XCSSET, a piece of malware discovered by security firm Trend Micro last August. XCSSET used what at the time were two zero-days to infect Mac developers with malware that stole browser cookies and files; injected backdoors into websites; stole information from Skype, Telegram, and other installed apps; took screenshots; and encrypted files and showed a ransom note.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Macos topics
Just watching now, seems well researched - very interesting actually…
He’s a Windows user btw :upside_down_face:
New
New
Implementing Matrix Multiplication with WebGPU in Safari
This is a quick overview of how to write a matrix multiplication for Safari leve...
New
Hardware Security and Biometrics
System Security
Encryption and Data Protection
App Security
Services Security
Network Sec...
New
mathiasbynens/dotfiles.
:wrench: .files, including ~/.macos — sensible hacker defaults for macOS - mathiasbynens/dotfiles
This threa...
New
In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the ...
New
This article is about how I found a vulnerability on Apple forgot password endpoint that allowed me to takeover an iCloud account. The vu...
New
Learn how to use the brand new actor model to protect your application from unwanted data-races and memory issues.
New
I didn’t think this was possible:
This App Store app [My Metronome - Tempo Keeper] immediately asks you for money and then disables the ...
New
macOS has a wonderful input mechanism where you press and hold a key on your keyboard to display the accent menu. It’s easy to internaliz...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /markdown









