CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Reverse-engineering Rosetta 2 Part 1: Analyzing AoT files and the runtime

Apple announced that it would be moving from Intel processors to Arm-based Apple Silicon CPUs for Macs at WWDC 2020. The Apple Silicon-based Mac Book Air and Pro were released in October 2020 with great fanfare.

One of the issues that arise with the CPU transition is application compatibility. Since Apple Silicon is an Arm-based processor, applications built for Intel-based Macs will no longer work. To solve this problem, Apple offers the following two technologies…

https://ffri.github.io/ProjectChampollion/part1/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
mikelxc/Workarounds-for-ARM-mac. This repository describes how I get most of my configurations work on the new Apple Silicon Mac - mikel...
New
First poster: bot
Why is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast. Real world experience with the new M1 Macs have started ticking in. They are fast. Real fast. But why? W...
New
New
First poster: bot
The Mac has always been very different from its close relative, iOS, especially when it comes to what a user is or is not allowed to run ...
New
First poster: bot
After months of silence about Apple’s impressive M1 chip, Intel just clapped back with a carefully crafted takedown of the Arm-based chip...
New
CommunityNews
We’re all familiar with the Mac’s startup chime. While it has changed over the years, it has greeted users with its friendly tone for dec...
New
First poster: bot
Apple broke up with me :cry:. Do not get too attached to your Apple account; it belongs to Apple, NOT YOU!
New
First poster: bot
I’m a bit of a sustainability nerd. I love the idea of living a life where your carbon footprint is neutral (or negative) and you leave t...
New
First poster: bot
I didn’t think this was possible: This App Store app [My Metronome - Tempo Keeper] immediately asks you for money and then disables the ...
New
First poster: bot
Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points. For the best security, performance, and reliability, we recommend these settin...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
New