CommunityNews
A Journey into the Linux Scheduler
A journey into the Linux scheduler.
Two years ago more or less I started my journey in Linux. I was scared at first and I didn’t know where to start from. But then I decided to buy a book - and what a book! - in order to follow a path.
Along the way, I integrated the material with up-to-date documentation from kernel.org and source code. In the meantime, I started to learn C a bit so that I also could have played with what I was learning, step by step.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Linux topics
It’s been a while since last having a hearty BSD benchmark comparison on Phoronix in part due to the latest hardware platforms generally ...
New
Solene’% : Operating systems battle: OpenBSD vs NixOS.
My feelings about OpenBSD and NixOS, trying to figure out where each is the best
New
Linux Man Pages – Dash Dash.
Dash Dash sets the linux documentation in a beautiful collection of typefaces to make the technical content...
New
Linux Kernel vs DPDK: HTTP Performance Showdown.
A head-to-head performance comparison between the Linux kernel’s network stack, and a k...
New
[CVE-2022-34918] A crack in the Linux firewall.
RandoriSec Offensive Security
New
This modular malware framework for Linux has gone undocumented until now.
New
Announcing Fedora Linux 37 - Fedora Magazine.
Today I’m excited to share the results of the hard work of thousands of Fedora Project con...
New
At Akademy 2025, the KDE Project released an alpha version of KDE Linux, a distribution built b […]
New
I bought a MacBook Air M2.
As of writing, it’s very affordable with the 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 13.6" model available for $750.
As of wr...
New
At the Open Source Summit in Mumbai, Torvalds discusses the pain and power of AI in the kernel, and why Linux no longer supports ‘museum’...
New
Other popular topics
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









