CommunityNews
New Tool: lsds - List All Linux Block Devices and Settings in One Place - Tanel Poder Consulting
When dealing with disks and I/O things on Linux, you’d regularly run commands like lsblk, lsscsi, nvme list, etc. All of them tend to report a different set of information, so I ended up running multiple commands and correlating their output based on the device name or number.
And then I had to run commands like these, to get extra info about the current OS-level configuration settings for specific disks: - Linux, Oracle, SQL performance tuning and troubleshooting - consulting & training.
Read in full here:
Popular Linux topics
Switching the Linux graphics stack from GLX to EGL.
Hi there! This is a guest post from Robert Mader, who contributed enormous improveme...
New
12 essential Linux commands for beginners.
I recommend these commands to anyone who is getting started with Linux.
New
RISC-V Linux on ESP32.
I’ve been playing with the idea of running linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, t...
New
Small office routers? FreeBSD machines? Enterprise servers? Chaos infects them all.
New
Intel and AMD gear, yes, but support for RISC-V, LoongArch, and Gaudi2 show up.
New
This tutorial explains why Flatpak apps use so much disk space and are larger in size compared to traditional packages in Linux.
New
Attackers can exploit two newly discovered local privilege escalation (LPE) vulnerabilities to gain root privileges on systems running ma...
New
The QUIC transport-layer network protocol is not exactly new; it was first covered here in 2013 […]
New
My latest love letter to Linux has been published. It’s called Omarchy, and it’s an opinionated setup of the Arch Linux distribution and ...
New
:rocket: CachyOS is an Arch Linux-based distribution that offers an easy installation, several customization options to suit every user, ...
New
Other popular topics
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









