CommunityNews

CommunityNews

How to set up Neovim 0.5 + Modern plugins (LSP, Treesitter, Fuzzy finder, etc)

Hi, it’s Takuya. I use Neovim to develop my app called Inkdrop. Recently, I’ve got some updates for my Neovim setup since I’ve published last year. Neovim 0.5, which is nightly at the moment, comes with cool new improvements like Lua remote plugin host, built-in LSP client (yes!), and Treesitter syntax engine. I found there are already a bunch of great plugins that leverage those new nightly features. I tried them, and already love them! Besides, it works pretty well on my M1 MacBook Air, which is awesome. I’d like to introduce my latest setup with Neovim 0.5 and modern plugins. Here is a quick summary of my set up…

Read in full here:

https://blog.inkdrop.info/how-to-set-up-neovim-0-5-modern-plugins-lsp-treesitter-etc-542c3d9c9887

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I am very excited that 0.5 is stable now. I am absolutely sick of Emacs+Spacemacs on macOS and I am looking to learn a terminal-centric editor like NeoVim. I am very likely to use LunarVim (which is kind of what Spacemacs for Emacs is, but for NeoVim) and start my learning from this setup.

I mean yeah, you can use Emacs from the terminal as well, I know, but its inherent defects are still in place – in this case using LSP servers synchronously which makes the editor lag a lot. I will find the time and energy and will learn NeoVim and I am pretty sure I will never be looking back.

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

Looks great, going to try it.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Please share your favourite Vim tips here :nerd_face:
New
New
New
ankur
I am thinking of switching to Onivim from VSCode Vim since VSCode Vim supports limited Vim features . Would like to hear from the current...
New
CommunityNews
adobe/brackets. An open source code editor for the web, written in JavaScript, HTML and CSS. - adobe/brackets This thread was posted...
New
First poster: iPaul
TL;DR: You want to teach yourself vim (the best text editor known to human kind) in the fastest way possible. This is my way of doing it....
New
CommunityNews
This is neither an in-depth article about advanced vim features nor is it an ideology-inducing primer on why the oh-so-powerful god of ed...
New
CommunityNews
Neorg is a tool designed to reimagine organization as you know it. Neo - new, org - organization. Grab some coffee, start writing some no...
New
First poster: jaeyson
Nova. The beautiful, fast, flexible, native Mac code editor from Panic.
New
First poster: malloryerik
A modern open source code editor in Rust Native GUI and Rust powered performance, we as developers know what you need for an essential to...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New