ohm

ohm

What do you use to listen to podcasts?

What do you use to listen to podcasts? I find iTunes and Spotify to lack certain features and have yet to find a good platform for podcasts.

Most Liked

andresriveros

andresriveros

As an users of Pocket Casts I can not live without:

  • Skip intros customised per podcasts. Some podcast have from 1 min to 5-6 minutes of advertising . You can easily forget about that. When you listen a lot of podcasts, all of that time adds up very quickly.
  • Variable speed/trim silence customised per podcast. Some podcasters speak faster. Some topics are more complex and details must be listen more carefully to fully get the most of the episodes.
  • History of listened episodes.
  • Sync between platforms. I can start to listen to an episode in the Macbook and finish it on the go in my phone.

Some stats from Pocket Casts:

andresriveros

andresriveros

I use Pocket Casts. It is multi-platform and it covers all I need.
https://www.pocketcasts.com

ohm

ohm

Last I tried to listen to podcasts in Spotify, there wasn’t a way to “mark as watched”. The same goes for listening to audiobooks with Spotify. If I had already read chapter 1, there’s no way to tell Spotify. The lack of such a basic features really turns me off from using the product at all.

iTunes / Apple Podcasts keeps wanting to sort descending by date, such that the newest is on top. That seems really odd to me. I would like my audiobook and podcasts in chronological order with the oldest (first) at the top and the newest (last) on the bottom.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
If you had the ear of a language creator, what would you say - what could they do to make a language that you would use? :upside_down_face:
New
AstonJ
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Just been adding some more portals, currently have the following languages: Apache Groovy C C# C++ Clojure CoffeeScript Crystal ...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
AstonJ
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
dwaynebradley
In their weekly newsletter, Jared Santo from the Changelog shared this blog post by Mark Ericksen over at fly.io: What is really inter...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
DevotionGeo
Amazon CodeWhisperer is an alternative to GitHub Copilot, and it’s free!
New
harwind
I’m working on a Spring Boot project and I have a controller where I want to map multiple request paths to a single method. Let’s say I h...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New