AstonJ
What additional computer hardware do you have?
Apart from your monitor, keyboard and mouse - what additional computer hardware do you have?
Most Liked
NobbZ
- USB 3.0 Hub with GBit ethernet
- 3 TiB of external HDD (3 devices)
- HP wireless printer
- USB coffee warmer (I never actually used it, but it was a present from my aunt years ago)
3
muelthe
- Card reader
- Speakers/Headphones
- Barrier - technically this is not hardware, but it does replace a piece of hardware I can’t do without and that’s a KVM
- XBox controller
3
OvermindDL1
Hmm, off the top of my head I know my peripherals are:
- Keyboard.
- Mouse.
- Monitor.
- Speakers and subwoofer.
- Backlighting, lights up based on what appears on my screen to flood-fill the wall with lighting, 5 ‘zones’ that map to different areas of the screen (or if a program knows the API it can send whatever it wants but nothing does, it’s ancient). I actually quite enjoy it.
- Couple of fans for my face that I rarely use connected via USB (great to control speed up and down for game interactions though, lol).
- Some… claw device, whatever it was called, hand fits on it, has a whole set of keyboard keys, mouse mappings, etc… Let’s you control a game with one hand, it’s pretty convenient but definitely have to get used to it, it’s also ancient.
- Camera.
- Mic.
- A few TB worth of external drives.
- I know some other things I’m forgetting, my desk is covered in things front and back…
3
Popular General Dev topics
What is your mouse currently?
What technology is your mouse? Bluetooth? Wireless? or Wired?
Gamer Mouse or not? what is your opinion ab...
New
Last thread about mechanical keyboards for now I promise!!
I learnt a new word in this video, Thock! A sound many enthusiasts strive for...
New
Perhaps we can add some vids on sound differences, those I’ve seen so far are giving the plastic cases a nice stock sound (you could do s...
New
Which keyboard switches do you use/like? :upside_down_face:
New
Enjoy Life. Offline.
Your Minimalist Phone. Mindful design, essential functionalities, an eye-friendly E Ink display, a dedicated OS and ...
New
If you kept a close eye on the Apple vs. Epic Games trial, you might be wondering: How the hell did we get to this point, where a phone m...
New
I am thinking in buying one as the second monitor for my Thinkpad while I am travelling:
Anyone has experience in using on...
New
I’m curious what’s the opinions on the Steam Deck of those here? A new handheld PC put out by Valve, primarily intended for gaming but i...
New
If you are a programmer and you have purchased an external monitor from any brand for programming, BenQ User Research Team would like to ...
New
Hey everyone,
I’m Edan. Like a lot of developers, typing code all day eventually started taking a toll on my wrists and posture. I switc...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11387)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









