CommunityNews
Swift Actors: A practical example, part 1
I’ve been re-reading the Swift structured concurrency roadmap and the Swift actors proposal and noticed a note on the latter saying:
“Partially available in recent main snapshots behind the flag -Xfrontend -enable-experimental-concurrency”
So, naturally
, I downloaded the latest snapshot from Swift.org and took it for a spin to try out some actor code!
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Macos topics
This is a good guide about what to look for when getting a retina/non-retina monitor for your Mac.
In short, around 110PPI is a good fit...
New
Just watching now, seems well researched - very interesting actually…
He’s a Windows user btw :upside_down_face:
New
Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS.
In newer macOS custom executables belong in a directory which is not in...
New
Sometime in late 2019, I became increasingly more concerned with personal privacy. I’ve never been the type of person to lean into sharin...
New
Safari supports WebGPU experimentally with WSL kernels. I wrote a simple tuner that tries to optimize matrix multiplication. If you have ...
New
The Swift concurrency model intends to provide a safe programming model that statically detects data races and other common concurrency b...
New
mathiasbynens/dotfiles.
:wrench: .files, including ~/.macos — sensible hacker defaults for macOS - mathiasbynens/dotfiles
This threa...
New
Fed up with the Mac, I spent six months with a Linux laptop. The grass is not greener on the other side
April 02, 2021 — Carlos Fenollosa...
New
I’ve been re-reading the Swift structured concurrency roadmap and the Swift actors proposal and noticed a note on the latter saying:
“P...
New
Airyx™ is a new open-source desktop operating system that aims to provide a similar experience and compatibiilty with macOS® on x86-64 sy...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









