AstonJ

AstonJ

Mac external displays guide for designers and developers

This is a good guide about what to look for when getting a retina/non-retina monitor for your Mac.

In short, around 110PPI is a good fit for non-retina and 220PPI is good for retina (anything too far from these won’t be a good fit for a Mac - things will either seem too big or too small).

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
Just watching now, seems well researched - very interesting actually… He’s a Windows user btw :upside_down_face:
New
First poster: bot
We’ll guide you through the process of using Homebrew package manager to install security tools on macOS to exploit vulnerabilities found...
New
First poster: bot
Library Extension helps you find library books, but it doesn’t work on Safari—yet. At WWDC 2020, Apple announced it was going to support...
New
First poster: bot
Yesterday, a short Twitter thread by the excellent Jeff Johnson caught my eye. Since he often deletes past tweets, I’ll quote the relevan...
New
First poster: bot
While for the most part, the war of words between the tech titans has remained professional, Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook have also share...
New
First poster: bot
The story of Apple CEO Steve Jobs is one of the most familiar in American business — shaggy Bob-Dylan-loving kid starts a computer compan...
New
First poster: bot
Made a small video today showing the creation of a macOS Droplet using AppleScript. I made it just for fun, and because I realised that m...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Makes OS X Lion and Mountain Lion Free to Download. Apple recently dropped the $19.99 fee for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, making ...
New
First poster: bot
I’m a bit of a sustainability nerd. I love the idea of living a life where your carbon footprint is neutral (or negative) and you leave t...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New