CommunityNews

CommunityNews

MainActor usage in Swift explained to dispatch to the main thread

MainActor is a new attribute introduced in Swift 5.5 as a global actor providing an executor which performs its tasks on the main thread. When building apps, it’s important to perform UI updating tasks on the main thread, which can sometimes be challenging when using several background threads. Using the @MainActor attribute will help you make sure your UI is always updated on the main thread.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
If you’ve been looking for a guide on how to a clean macOS install then you’re in luck! I used to do them religiously every major release...
New
First poster: bot
mikelxc/Workarounds-for-ARM-mac. This repository describes how I get most of my configurations work on the new Apple Silicon Mac - mikel...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Silicon M1: A Developer’s Perspective. The excitement around Apple’s new M1 chip is everywhere. I bought a MacBook Air 16GB M1 to ...
New
First poster: bot
Library Extension helps you find library books, but it doesn’t work on Safari—yet. At WWDC 2020, Apple announced it was going to support...
New
First poster: bot
Apple announced that it would be moving from Intel processors to Arm-based Apple Silicon CPUs for Macs at WWDC 2020. The Apple Silicon-ba...
New
First poster: bot
mathiasbynens/dotfiles. :wrench: .files, including ~/.macos — sensible hacker defaults for macOS - mathiasbynens/dotfiles This threa...
New
First poster: bot
Swift is about to get its Concurrency features. Their development is going very well, with many proposals actively reviewed and a lot of ...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s leaders continue to deny developers of two obvious truths: That our apps provide substantial value to iOS beyond the purchase c...
New
First poster: bot
The story of Apple CEO Steve Jobs is one of the most familiar in American business — shaggy Bob-Dylan-loving kid starts a computer compan...
New
First poster: bot
The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware s...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New