CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Rocket: A Web Framework for Rust

Rocket is a web framework written in Rust. It provides a concise API and is opinionated and feature-rich beyond what you would typically find in a micro-framework.

The project was started by Sergio Benitez in 2016. Sergio used to work at Google and Apple where he worked on Gmail and macOS respectively. In 2014, he helped reduce the system boot-up time of Space X’s Rockets while working on their flight software. Sergio still actively maintains Rocket to this day with rarely a business day passing without a few commits being made to its repository on GitHub.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

Good news.

joeb

joeb

How does this compare to Actix? Actix seems to take advantage of Rust’s actor system.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Rust does not have an actor system, there are multiple libraries that implement actor systems however, and no, Actix does not implement an actor system, it’s a standard async library, like rocket or warp or whatever else. Actix and Rocket are both ‘higher level’ in that they have more functionality and addins than lower level libraries like warp and so forth. The big thing about actix is that it is its own ecosystem, where rocket (and warp and the like 20 others) are all built on things like tower, so they can interoperate. No real speed difference between any of them anymore.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Docker. Docker is not the only containerization tool out there and there might just be better alternatives… ...
New
First poster: bot
A short history of ReScript (BuckleScript). It takes time to write such a post for a non-native speaker like me, but I appreciate what t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Is Rust Used Safely by Software Developers?. Rust, an emerging programming language with explosive growth, provides a robust type syste...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - cshum/imagor: Fast, Docker-ready image processing server written in Go and libvips, with Thumbor URL syntax. Fast, Docker-ready...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - vydd/sketch: A Common Lisp framework for the creation of electronic art, visual design, game prototyping, game making, computer ...
New
New
First poster: adamaiken89
PHP: Frankenstein arrays. PHP has become quite a nice language, but there are some ugly legacies left from the past. Like the deceptive ...
New
First poster: bot
I am often fascinated by old tech. While I do not have the experience nor the expertise on the subject, in the last months, some very sp...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Ruby 3.1’s incompatible changes to its YAML module (Psych 4). Ruby made its YAML interpreter more secure by default at the cost of backw...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New