CommunityNews
Redis is fast - I'll cache in Postgres
There are books & many articles online, like this one arguing for using Postgres for everything. I thought I’d take a look at one use case - using Postgres instead of Redis for caching. I work with APIs quite a bit, so I’d build a super simple HTTP server that responds with data from that cache. I’d start from Redis as this is something I frequently encounter at work, switch it out to Postgres using unlogged tables and see if there’s a difference.
Read in full here:
Most Liked
jmagnani
I agree with the author. If you are already using Postgres as your database, then using it also as your cache initially should be ok, rather than dealing with different dependencies.
3
Popular Backend topics
A new study looks into the dematerialized office, where sensorial experiences such as touch, taste, smell, and sensations of hot or cold ...
New
This comes up in my conversations surprisingly often so I thought it’s worth to write my thoughts down instead of repeating them again an...
New
Kawa is a general-purpose programming language that runs on the Java platform. It aims to combine:
the benefits of dynamic scripting la...
New
Rubinius began as a metacircular implementation of Ruby and was billed as Ruby in Ruby. Today the core and much of the standard library, ...
New
TLDR; the future of ML is Julia. If you are looking for a quick answer, there you have it. If you want the well reasoned explanation, sti...
New
Building a Neural Network in Pure Lisp without Built-in Numbers using only Atoms and Lists.
A neural network written in pure Lisp withou...
New
v4 Announcement · actix/actix-web Wiki.
Actix Web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust. - v4 Announcement...
New
Python 3.11 in the Web Browser - A Journey Christian Heimes PyConDE & PyDataBerlin 2022 conference .
Compile CPython to Web Assembly...
New
not-common-lisp-to-julia.org.
GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.
New
The goal of this book is to help you get from a vague idea of what you need to implement (e.g.: “I need to build a website to manage sche...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /laravel









