asibbald

asibbald

Programming Phoenix LiveView B2.0: P168 "Render the Demographic Form"

A further clarification: When I move to the “Stateful components” section and run a compile with “iex -S mix”, the compile works. When I then try “mix phx.server” i get the same error as shown below. Interestingly, when I then went back to the stateless directory (where I had originally tried the “mix phx.server” and got the error below, I now got the same error when running “iex -S mix”

When attempting this, the server crashes with an error about @assign content not being available in the eex template. I have diffed all the files created following the book text with the ones in your code zip, but see no differences. Interestingly, the code in the “stateless_components” directory of the zip doesn’t compile either. I’ve copied the two sets of errors below.

I’ve moved on and I’m no longer trying to resolve this. Perhaps I have done something in error that I can’t see myself. But perhaps there is an error in the book’s code. Debugging this is beyond me.

Error when I attempt to compile the code in your zip file (downloaded today) under stateless_components:

== Compilation error in file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/show.ex ==
** (EEx.SyntaxError) /Users/alister/Programming/Practice/elixir/liveview/code/stateless_components/pento/lib/pento_web/live/product_live/show.html.leex:43:1: missing token ‘%>’
(eex 1.11.4) lib/eex/compiler.ex:37: EEx.Compiler.compile/2
(phoenix_live_view 0.15.1) expanding macro: Phoenix.LiveView.Renderer.before_compile/1
lib/pento_web/live/product_live/show.ex:9: PentoWeb.ProductLive.Show (module)
(elixir 1.11.4) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:314: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_workers/7

Error when I attempt to run the code I created following the text in B2.0:

[error] #PID<0.18693.0> running PentoWeb.Endpoint (connection #PID<0.18691.0>, stream id 1) terminated
Server: localhost:4000 (http)
Request: GET /survey
** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (ArgumentError) assign @content not available in eex template.

Please make sure all proper assigns have been set. If this
is a child template, ensure assigns are given explicitly by
the parent template as they are not automatically forwarded.

Available assigns: [:changed, :changeset, :demographic, :flash, :id, :socket, :user]

    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/engine.ex:877: Phoenix.LiveView.Engine.fetch_assign!/2
    lib/pento_web/live/demographic_live/form_component.html.leex:1: anonymous fn/2 in PentoWeb.DemographicLive.FormComponent.render/1
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:356: Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.traverse/6
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:430: anonymous fn/4 in Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.traverse_dynamic/6
    (elixir 1.11.4) lib/enum.ex:2193: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:356: Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.traverse/6
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:430: anonymous fn/4 in Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.traverse_dynamic/6
    (elixir 1.11.4) lib/enum.ex:2193: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:356: Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.traverse/6
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/diff.ex:130: Phoenix.LiveView.Diff.render/3
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/static.ex:288: Phoenix.LiveView.Static.to_rendered_content_tag/4
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/static.ex:148: Phoenix.LiveView.Static.render/3
    (phoenix_live_view 0.15.4) lib/phoenix_live_view/controller.ex:35: Phoenix.LiveView.Controller.live_render/3
    (phoenix 1.5.8) lib/phoenix/router.ex:352: Phoenix.Router.__call__/2
    (pento 0.1.0) lib/pento_web/endpoint.ex:1: PentoWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
    (pento 0.1.0) lib/plug/debugger.ex:136: PentoWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
    (pento 0.1.0) lib/pento_web/endpoint.ex:1: PentoWeb.Endpoint.call/2
    (phoenix 1.5.8) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy2_handler.ex:65: Phoenix.Endpoint.Cowboy2Handler.init/4
    (cowboy 2.8.0) /Users/alister/Programming/Practice/elixir/liveview/pento/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_handler.erl:37: :cowboy_handler.execute/2
    (cowboy 2.8.0) /Users/alister/Programming/Practice/elixir/liveview/pento/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:300: :cowboy_stream_h.execute/3

First Post!

SophieDeBenedetto

SophieDeBenedetto

Author of Programming Phoenix LiveView

Thanks @asibbald! I’ll look into this and let you know what I find.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimmykiang
This test is broken right out of the box… — FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s) agent_test.go:77: Error Trace: agent_test.go:77 agent_test.go:...
New
belgoros
Following the steps described in Chapter 6 of the book, I’m stuck with running the migration as described on page 84: bundle exec sequel...
New
herminiotorres
Hi! I know not the intentions behind this narrative when called, on page XI: mount() |&gt; handle_event() |&gt; render() but the correc...
New
alanq
This isn’t directly about the book contents so maybe not the right forum…but in some of the code apps (e.g. turbo/06) it sends a TURBO_ST...
New
leonW
I ran this command after installing the sample application: $ cards add do something --owner Brian And got a file not found error: Fil...
New
jskubick
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint. How to replicate: load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
rainforest
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels. Before ...
New
gorkaio
root_layout: {PentoWeb.LayoutView, :root}, This results in the following following error: no “root” html template defined for PentoWeb...
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New
dachristenson
I’ve got to the end of Ch. 11, and the app runs, with all tabs displaying what they should – at first. After switching around between St...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New

Sub Categories: