shaolang

shaolang

A Common-Sense Guide to AI Engineering: Appending results to rag_chunks in research_docs (sub-agent) (page: 216 and page 226)

hi, Jay

research_docs maintains a rag_chunks dictionary at the start of the function and the results from search_manual and read_webpage are added to it. This rag_chunks dictionary is then inserted in to the conversation as a the result of the function call, i.e., rag_chunks keeps building up within the research_docs function. Supposed the agent created the following function calls:

  • search_manual
  • read_webpage
  • search_manual

The research history would be similar to the following:

FUNCTION CALL: { call_id: 1, search_manual }
FUNCTION CALL OUTPUT:  { call_id: 1, search_manual_output_1 }

FUNCTION CALL: { call_id: 2, read_webpage }
FUNCTION CALL OUTPUT:  { call_id: 2, search_manual_output_1, read_webpage_output_1 }

FUNCTION CALL: { call_id: 3, search_manual }
FUNCTION CALL OUTPUT:  { call_id: 3, search_manual_output_1, read_webpage_output_1 , search_manual_output_2}

It is unlike flow discussed on page 226.

Question then is: which is the desired outcome? The code on page 216 (with repeated outputs) or the discussion on 226 (without repeated outputs)? My hunch is the latter.

First Post!

jaywengrow

jaywengrow

Author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms

Thanks for this! I think I see what you’re saying. You mean to say that search_manual shouldn’t have to return the entire rag_chunks again, but rather only the new chunks that were found by the most recent search. Is that what you mean?

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

iPaul
page 37 ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is); as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be: CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-On Rust (Chap 8 (Adding a Heads Up Display) It looks like ​.with_simple_console_no_bg​(SCREEN_WIDTH*2, SCREEN_HEIGHT*2...
New
jeremyhuiskamp
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, vB17.0 (p9) The create table guestbook syntax suggested doesn’t seem to be accepted ...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
leba0495
Hello! Thanks for the great book. I was attempting the Trie (chap 17) exercises and for number 4 the solution provided for the autocorre...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
adamwoolhether
Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with...
New
andreheijstek
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
mcpierce
@mfazio23 I’ve applied the changes from Chapter 5 of the book and everything builds correctly and runs. But, when I try to start a game,...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New

Sub Categories: