Cellane

Cellane

My ultimate shell setup with Fish shell and Tmux (Part 1)

In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the past few years, and since the explanation and configuration description got just a bit too long for a forum post, I expanded it into a full blog article which you can find in the link above :sweat_smile: The first part unfortunately only covers Fish shell configuration, but I plan to write second part in the coming weeks that will go over the Tmux configuration & basic usage.

I hope someone can find this useful!

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Thanks for posting this @Cellane!

The screengrab of your set-up definitely got me interested!!

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
This is a good guide about what to look for when getting a retina/non-retina monitor for your Mac. In short, around 110PPI is a good fit...
New
First poster: bot
mikelxc/Workarounds-for-ARM-mac. This repository describes how I get most of my configurations work on the new Apple Silicon Mac - mikel...
New
First poster: bot
While for the most part, the war of words between the tech titans has remained professional, Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook have also share...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Over the past few years, Apple seems increasingly willing to cooperate with authoritarian governments, uninterested in protecting its own...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Now Selling More M1 Macs Than Intel-Based Models, Says Tim Cook. Despite only being released in November, sales of the M1-powered ...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been re-reading the Swift structured concurrency roadmap and the Swift actors proposal and noticed a note on the latter saying: “P...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Makes OS X Lion and Mountain Lion Free to Download. Apple recently dropped the $19.99 fee for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, making ...
New
First poster: bot
MainActor is a new attribute introduced in Swift 5.5 as a global actor providing an executor which performs its tasks on the main thread....
New
First poster: bot
Airyx™ is a new open-source desktop operating system that aims to provide a similar experience and compatibiilty with macOS® on x86-64 sy...
New
First poster: bot
I didn’t think this was possible: This App Store app [My Metronome - Tempo Keeper] immediately asks you for money and then disables the ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New