AstonJ

AstonJ

Apple's One More Thing event (Nov 10 2020)

Just over an hour to go… anyone going to be watching it?

New Macs? :nerd_face:

Most Liked

foxtrottwist

foxtrottwist

I feel the pricing makes for a very good experience at a very accessible price. I think an Air is a great starting point for aspiring programmers and designers alike. Just upgrade the memory and maybe the storage and you’re ready to go.

When I started programming I felt as if I couldn’t even think about purchasing anything less than a MacBook Pro. And though purchased refurbished, it was still a chunk.

You could even go for a Mini if you knew you didn’t need the portability.

gianthamster

gianthamster

Just found the time to go through the presentation. Interesting stuff. Am I right that the only difference between the MBA and the MBP is the cooling fan, enabling the MBP to run longer?

I’ve been burnt almost every time I’ve bought a Mac right out of the gate, without giving things a few months to cool off - even this 16" MBP had to go back for repairs - but the performance increases Apple is claiming are pretty dramatic. I’m very curious to see how the new M1 MBP benchmarks vs. my 16" Intel MBP.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
Anyone else experience bugs with macOS? I have two that are annoying me… Every now and again after waking from sleep, Safari CPU cons...
New
New
AstonJ
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for any unusual bugs we might come across…
New
MikhailPertsev
Hi there! Do you use any “clean up” app like CleanMyMac X ? If yes, what is those apps?
New
MikhailPertsev
Hi there! I recently bought a new mouse pad (HyperX Fury) and it feels like without mouse pad the magic mouse is working better(smoother...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
CommunityNews
Over the past decade, a large and opaque industry has been amassing increasing amounts of personal data.1,2 A complex ecosystem of websi...
New
First poster: ohm
Q: PHP seems to be missing from this release. A: PHP has been removed in macOS Monterey. Details here: https://developer.apple.com/...
New
AstonJ
Just upgraded to macOS Monterey (12.1) and finding ‘live text’ quite annoying! If anyone else wants to turn it off here’s how: System Pr...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New