apopheny
Learn to Program, Third Edition: (171) MIM != 1999
I like the method you wrote and it’s helpful for understanding how not to write clunky 109 line programs like I did for this one, but arriving at MIM for 1999 is not correct for the way Roman numerals work, as ones, tens, etc. are treated as separate units.
http://www.web40571.clarahost.co.uk/roman/1999.htm
I was a little confused and maybe some brief explanation of this could be helpful. The previous method does return the result I bumbled my way into.
Thanks for the great book!
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116
Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
In case this helps anyone, I’ve had issues setting up the rails source code. Here were the solutions:
In Gemfile, change
gem 'rails'
t...
New
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error:
tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
When running tox for the first time, I got the following error:
ERROR: InterpreterNotFound: python3.10
I realised that I was running ...
New
Hey there,
I’m enjoying this book and have learned a few things alredayd. However, in Chapter 4 I believe we are meant to see the “>...
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1:
programming_ML/code/03_...
New
root_layout: {PentoWeb.LayoutView, :root},
This results in the following following error:
no “root” html template defined for PentoWeb...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









