Reinis

Reinis

Bridgetown (a Jekyll successor) - anyone used it?

I’ve been diving into Bridgetown (a Jekyll successor) and learning about writing a more maintainable CSS.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Have split this into a dedicated thread Reinis - I’ve used Jekyll before so interested in hearing what you and others think of Bridgetown :smiley:

Reinis

Reinis

I must say I quite enjoy learning and working with Bridgetown. My focus as a web developer currently is on Static Site Generators (still learning Rails). Have worked with Jekyll, Hugo, Eleventy before.

The first benefit is that it is built with Ruby. JavaScript still has not ‘clicked’ with me, so I struggled a bit with Eleventy

Secondly, it is an updated and streamlined version of Jekyll, with many QoL improvement. For example, all content types are treated the same, be it posts, pages or custom collections. Something Jekyll is still considering in their V5 roadmap.

Honestly, I think Bridgetown is closer to NextJS, as it can do Server Side Rendering as well with Roda. Though have not tried that yet.

Lastly, it is actively maintained and developed project. The core team is very active and helpful on their Discord. I even made my first open-source project contribution to Bridgetown. :slight_smile:

If you are considering building a site with a Static Site Generator, I would urge you to see what Bridgetown can do.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Awesome, thanks Reinis! I will definitely check it out next time I need a SSG :003:

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
CommunityNews
The Magic of Python Context Managers. Recipes for using and creating awesome Python context managers, that will make your code more read...
New
First poster: bot
What's so exciting about Postgres? with Craig Kerstiens (The Changelog #417). PostgreSQL aficionado Craig Kerstiens joins Jerod to talk ...
New
New
New
AstonJ
Just discovered Fika - looks pretty neat! fn sum(a: Int, b: Int) : Float do a + b end I quite like the syntax, though would probably ...
New
finner
I’ve never really felt 100% comfortable using the enum type because of my lack of understanding how it is constructed . . . . . . until ...
New
Exadra37
Finishing my app to take notes on Videos: I am aiming to put it online on my playground by this weekend. Edit: It’s up https://video...
New
mudasobwa
To promote Tarearbol.DynamicManager I created the :heart_eyes_cat:-language (which is a brainfuck dialect.) Code outputting “Meow” to th...
New
jaeyson
Hey! Just a random thought though: Found an article from fudzilla where AI can be a good debugger. How does one integrate something like ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New