AstonJ

AstonJ

Which web framework do you use?

…and why? :upside_down_face:

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I am working on that! But no promises for time, my life is pretty hectic at the moment.

Eiji

Eiji

Previously when worked mostly in Ruby I used Rails framework with SQLite for development and MariaDB or PostgreSQL in production.

Now I’m focused on Elixir and I’m using Phoenix with PostgreSQL. Unfortunately there is no SQLite 3 support for latest ecto library releases.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

All depends on my use case for it!

If it’s a quickie one for some automation by very limited things, I’ve tossed Python’s flask up in a number of things. It’s very slow but super simple and super quick iteration in a single file (plus I have a wsgi server to easily toss it in). For long lived things that I like to iterate on the fly I used to use erlang (either cowboy straight or nitrogen for interactive things) but in the past few years it’s been phoenix on elixir. Rocket.rs on Rust has been fascinating to play with though, not made anything in it yet that solves an issue I have as of yet but I might do it for the next small thing that I’d usually use flask for (even though it’s a compiled language, would still be a good learning task), and that’s for a large variety of reasons about that framework!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

wolf4earth
Serverless has been quite a prevalent topic in our industry in the past few years, and while there are a lot of sceptics, I think it’s sa...
New
DevotionGeo
Some time ago I read somewhere that Rocket will work with stable versions of Rust. The previous version’s changelog says, “Core: Removed...
New
bot
So you want to live-reload Rust - fasterthanli.me. Good morning! It is still 2020, and the world is literally on fire , so I guess we c...
New
New
finner
Just wondering how many devs out there are using Spring Reactive, specifically WebFlux?
New
OvermindDL1
Woooooooo! This is such a huge release for it, and 2 years incoming! In short, the library is now using an updated hyper backend (not j...
New
mafinar
I wrote a blog post! On F#. I usually don’t write things but figured i should try it out, also experimenting with F# and C# lately, love ...
New
DevotionGeo
What do you people do for reading Erlang docs? Is there something like Ruby’s ri? I installed manual pages for Erlang under /usr/local/...
New
mafinar
I’ll be participating. This would be very interesting because I have been having coders block + a lot of distraction this weekend. But l...
New
NKTgLaw
Hi everyone :waving_hand:, I’ve been experimenting with a physics-inspired principle called the NKTg Law of Variable Inertia. It connec...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New