msducheminjr
Agile Web Development with Rails 6 - Iteration L2 Need to add has_many relationship to Orders (PDF p 292)
On page 292, we create a SupportRequest model that belongs_to Order
class SupportRequest < ApplicationRecord
belongs_to :order, optional: true
end
We also need to add the has_many end of the relationship to orders or else you will get a foreign key error when you attempt to destroy an Order that has a SupportRequest associated with that order id.
class Order < ApplicationRecord
has_many :line_items, dependent: :destroy
# need this relationship defined or it will break orders#destroy
# since the relationship is optional on the SupportRequest end, it should nullify
has_many :support_requests, dependent: :nullify
# rest of class
end
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Hello Brian,
I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116
Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
Hi @Margaret ,
On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11
But on page 3 almost the en...
New
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error:
ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
The allprojects block listed on page 245 produces the following error when syncing gradle:
“org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A prob...
New
Skimming ahead, much of the following is explained in Chapter 3, but new readers (like me!) will hit a roadblock in Chapter 2 with their ...
New
AWDWR 7, page 152, page 153:
Hello everyone,
I’m a little bit lost on the hotwire part. I didn’t fully understand it.
On page 152 @rub...
New
Hi, I’m working on the Chapter 8 of the book.
After I add add the point_offset, I’m still able to see acne:
In the image above, I re...
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
I just bought this book to learn about Android development, and I’m already running into a major issue in Ch. 1, p. 20: “Update activity...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart:
A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON
When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









