msducheminjr
Agile Web Development with Rails 6: Iteration K1 Setting the Locale note about routes (pdf 259)
This isn’t an error in the text, but it’s a good teaching opportunity.
In the section where you add the scope ‘(:locale)’ to routes.rb, the text should note that this must be at the very bottom of your routes.rb file or else any resources after it will not route to the correct controller. It’s implicit in the code example, but should be called out in the text because it’s a common ‘gotcha’ and an easy mistake to make. You also need to take a look any time you generate a new resource to make sure it is above the scope ‘(:locale)’ block
# GOOD: This is what you need to do
# All other routes
resources :products do
get :who_bought, on: :member
end
scope '(:locale)' do
resources :orders
resources :line_items
resources :carts
root 'store#index', as: 'store_index'
end
end
# end of routes file
# BAD: You will never see your products page again
scope '(:locale)' do
resources :orders
resources :line_items
resources :carts
root 'store#index', as: 'store_index'
end
resources :products do
get :who_bought, on: :member
end
end
# end of routes file
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps.
With:
ruby-3.0.0
s...
New
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms, Second Edition by Jay Wengrow @jaywengrow
Hi,
I have the paperback version of t...
New
Dear Sophie.
I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions:
When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
The book has the same “Problem space/Solution space” diagram on page 18 as is on page 17. The correct Problem/Solution space diagrams ar...
New
On page 78 the following code appears:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, product,
class: ‘hover:underline’,
method: :delete,
data: { confirm...
New
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New
@mfazio23
I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the Bas...
New
Other popular topics
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









