AstonJ

AstonJ

Will we see more facial recognition in use following Covid-19?

China used facial recognition quite extensively:

And now Russia is too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-52157131/coronavirus-russia-uses-facial-recognition-to-tackle-covid-19

It has, to the best of my knowledge, only been used sparingly here in the UK, but I think we might see more of it now. Do you feel the same might happen in your country?

Most Liked

Eiji

Eiji

I heard that many countries now uses drones to scream on those not staying at home, but in poor Poland we do not saw any yet. :smiling_imp:

Where Next?

Popular Other Fields topics Top

AstonJ
China used facial recognition quite extensively: And now Russia is too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-52157131/coronaviru...
New
AstonJ
Probably only a delay of the inevitable - with facial-recognition systems already part of daily lives in countries such as China, how lon...
New
First poster: bot
As a student, when I was starting to seriously consider Data Science (DS) as a career option, the first thing that came to mind was where...
New
AstonJ
Just listening now… details revealed in Thinking Elixir’s podcast: José Valim visits and finally publicly reveals what Project Nx is! H...
New
First poster: bot
We introduce the problem of perpetual view generation —long-range generation of novel views corresponding to an arbitrarily long camera t...
New
First poster: bot
Summary In this project, we Added an OpenGL backend for MXNet/TVM - a general-purpose tensor computation framework, so that it automat...
New
First poster: bot
The Modern Mathematics of Deep Learning. We describe the new field of mathematical analysis of deep learning. This field emerged around...
New
First poster: bot
The Future of Deep Learning Is Photonic. Computing with light could slash the energy needs of neural networks
New
AstonJ
Biggest jackpot ever apparently! :upside_down_face: I don’t (usually) gamble/play the lottery, but working on a program to predict the...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New