Exadra37
Who is Speaking On Your Behalf?
I came across a video where the Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley, Carla Harris was interviewed….
She said something that struck my nerves deeply. In her words:
I realized that being smart and working hard was not enough. It still wasn’t getting me at the top of the class.
…and later went on to say:
I realized that there was somebody who had to be behind closed doors arguing passionately on my behalf. But at the end of the day while performance currency gets your name on the list that’s being discussed behind closed doors, when your name is called, if no one else in that room can speak on your behalf, they just go to the next name and it has nothing to do with your ability to do the job.
Popular General Dev topics
Hey all, I blogged about using pattern matching to replace conditional checks (post in Spanish)
New
What is Firestore?
Firestore is one of many products in the Firebase product line. Firestore is a document-based NoSQL database. Firebas...
New
I came across a video where the Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley, Carla Harris was interviewed….
She said something that struck my nerves...
New
This talk by @wolf4earth was posted in a thread about pull requests, but it warrants a thread of its own :blush:
As Sascha highlights, b...
New
Billed as the ultimate rating of modern programming languages yet Python and Rust only gets two stars :rofl: but good news for erlang-eli...
New
https://nscrutables.medium.com/fbi-foia-response-sheds-new-light-on-infamous-hacktivist-pentagon-incident-a44a318b4a46
This piece will ...
New
Hi folks, I wrote a blog post the other day on how I built my MVP in 3 months whilst having a day job, using Elixir/Phoenix/LiveView.
Th...
New
Agent Workflows offer a solution to automate repetitive business tasks traditionally handled by knowledge workers, enhancing operational ...
New
I am a huge fan of functional programming and recently discovered the maybe expression in Erlang. In the blog post I show an example of c...
New
Starting a series on lexing and LALR-1 parser generators using leex and yecc. The series is really focused on the “by example” part since...
New
Other popular topics
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it.
Does your monitor have eye p...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11372)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (37)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /markdown









