axelson

axelson

Hot Reloading: A Faster Way to Develop Modern Apps

I describe how we use Hot Reloading with Webpack to develop faster and show how to integrate Webpack 5, webpack-dev-server, and Phoenix for a hot reloading setup. I hope it is helpful for someone.

Most Liked

axelson

axelson

Thanks! I’m enjoying it very much!

Ah, thanks. Didn’t realize that. Is there a guide anywhere?

AstonJ

AstonJ

I don’t think there’s a thread dedicated to it but I’ve posted about it a few times in threads (eg this one). I should probably write it up somewhere (but at the same time don’t want spammers to get wind of it :lol:)

AstonJ

AstonJ

Nice one Jason - hot reloading is definitely something people might want to make use of to give their apps an edge :sunglasses:

Congrats also on the new job! :048:

Btw you forgot to add the link as the featured link (you just need to paste the URL in the title field on thread creation) but I’ve added it for you now - it’s what gets the link to show on our front page and also removes the rel=nofollow there :023:

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
It’s not legacy code — it’s PHP. Vimeo has been using PHP in production for over 15 years. Find out how we keep a million lines of PHP i...
New
First poster: bot
It’s easy to view yourself as “not a real programmer.” There are programs out there that everyone uses, and it’s easy to put their develo...
/c
New
First poster: AstonJ
They expect you to make a onepage application (SPA) The polaris design system officially only supports react Integration with the s...
New
CommunityNews
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
New
First poster: bot
PHP 8.1 is already taking shape quite well, yet there’s one feature I’d love to see added, that’s still being discussed: multi-line short...
New
elbrujohalcon
A long time ago, I wrote an article about The Asymmetry of ++, thanks to Fede Bergero’s findings. Let’s add a few more asymmetries to th...
New
brainlid
In episode 83 of Thinking Elixir, We talk with Isaac Yonemoto about the Zig language and his Zigler Elixir library. We learn where Zig ca...
New
brainlid
In a 2 day spike, I created my own Elixir-based AI Personal Fitness Trainer! The surprising part for me was how useful and helpful I foun...
New
GoulvenClech
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure. W...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New