CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Starting a TypeScript Project in 2021

This is a guide for starting a TypeScript project in 2021 with modern tooling.

TypeScript 4
Optionally esbuild to bundle for browsers (and Node.js)
Linting with typescript-eslint (tslint is deprecated)
Testing with Jest (and ts-jest)
Publishing a package to npm
Continuous integration (GitHub Actions / GitLab CI)
Automatic API documentation with TypeDoc

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
A WebAssembly Powered Augmented Reality Sudoku Solver. An Augmented Reality Sudoku solver using the WebAssembly build of OpenCV (a C++ ...
New
First poster: bot
How I built a telnet chat server in 2021 with WebAssembly. I love the aesthetics of terminals and I’m not the only one, there is a whole...
New
First poster: bot
Just one year before the first web page went live in 1991, Microsoft began shipping perhaps the most well-known icon font, Wingdings. How...
New
First poster: dimitarvp
The future of web-based software architectures is already taking form, and this time it’s server-rendered (again). Papa’s got a brand new...
New
First poster: bot
Last year I created Pomodone, a small time tracking application based on the Pomodoro technique of working in 25 minute intervals. It’s a...
New
First poster: bot
This guide is intended to cover everything you need to know about creating, manipulating and comparing strings in JavaScript. Extra tips...
New
First poster: rustkas
What is TCO? Tail-call optimization (TCO) is a very neat trick that the Elm compiler does to make recursive functions a lot more performa...
New
First poster: bot
For every day of advent I am building a new UI Component. The theme? You guessed it ― Christmas. :christmas_tree:
New
First poster: bot
Recently Tom MacWright has written a few posts on Single Page Applications and their discontents: Second-guessing the modern web If not...
New
sorentwo
A new article showcasing some of Oban, and Oban Pro’s, distinct agentic workflow abilities.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New