IdiosApps

IdiosApps

Programming Phoenix LiveView: P69 - module Pento.Catalog.Product is not available

In my terminal, I am trying this with the source code from the .zip (the repo where I was going from scratch also wasn’t working - similar error).
I suspect it’s a user error, but the files are there is reasonable stuff like defmodule Pento.Catalog.Product do. Maybe my Elixir install is bad?

C:\Users\me\pento_examples\generators\pento>iex
Interactive Elixir (1.14.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(1)> ls
.formatter.exs     .gitignore         assets             config             lib
mix.exs            mix.lock           priv               test
iex(2)> alias Pento.Catalog.Product
Pento.Catalog.Product
iex(3)> exports Product
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Pento.Catalog.Product.module_info/1 is undefined (module Pento.Catalog.Product is not available)
    Pento.Catalog.Product.module_info(:exports)
    (iex 1.14.1) lib/iex/autocomplete.ex:138: IEx.Autocomplete.exports/1
    (iex 1.14.1) lib/iex/helpers.ex:736: IEx.Helpers.exports/1
    iex:3: (file)
iex(3)> 

I tried Catalog too, and that got the same kind of error.

Even on page 45 I hit an issue:

iex(1)> alias Pento.Accounts
Pento.Accounts
iex(2)> export Accounts
** (CompileError) iex:2: undefined function export/1 (there is no such import)

I had a Google but couldn’t see an answer that looked like it’d work for me.
Any help would be really appreciated, so I can continue making progress with the book!

Most Liked

SophieDeBenedetto

SophieDeBenedetto

Author of Programming Phoenix LiveView

Hi there! You need to run an IEx session that loads up the application. So not iex but iex -S mix

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jamis
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
raul
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type. Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt? ...
New
joepstender
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67) iex> product = %Product{} %Pento....
New
leonW
I ran this command after installing the sample application: $ cards add do something --owner Brian And got a file not found error: Fil...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
rainforest
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels. Before ...
New
dachristenson
@mfazio23 Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New

Sub Categories: