blueloveTH

blueloveTH

Open Source Python interpreter in 1 file for game scripting

pocketpy is a lightweight(~10000 LOC) Python interpreter for game scripting, built on C++17 with STL.

It aims to be an alternative to lua for game scripting, with elegant syntax, powerful features and competitive performance. pocketpy is extremely easy to embed via a single header file pocketpy.h, without external dependencies.

See https://pocketpy.dev for details or try Live Demo.

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

New
AstonJ
Seen any cool WebAssembly games? Please share them here :nerd_face:
New
First poster: bot
Behind the beautiful imagery of the latest animated movie and the realistic environments of popular videogames lie some mysterious algori...
New
AstonJ
https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/ You have to start by entering a word (rather than just random characters) Here’s today’s (...
New
First poster: bot
Develop for Playdate. It’s yellow. It fits in your pocket. There’s a crank. It comes with 24 free games to get you started. Say hi to Pl...
New
LoL_Sam
Hey everyone! My name is Sam and I represent Legends of Learning - a platform for game based learning in schools, and a marketplace for ...
New
First poster: iPaul
“The Last of Us,” HBO’s upcoming original series, gets an official release date of January 15, 2023, WarnerMedia announced today. Based o...
New
New
bic
Hello everybody :slight_smile: I’m making a tool with the goal to help creating branching dialogues for game development. I want to make...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New