herminiotorres

herminiotorres

iPad Pro as a main working device?

Someone uses iPad Pro as a principal device to working? Most like programming stuff in your day-by-day?

Most Liked

jamiedumont

jamiedumont

Cheers for the mention @AstonJ, happy to chime in. My post from the Elixir forum is still all pretty current — there’s a few things that have changed but it still largely comes down to “how comfortable are you using a terminal on a remote machine?”.

I haven’t worked this way for a while as I started some contract work for a C# shop and since been back on a Mac working with Swift, but when I last used an iPad the biggest limitation was still the browser. If you’re targeting the web and are looking to do front end work, you’ll find all browser debugging tools lacking compared to desktop counterparts. Anything truly backend and you’ll be fine.

For what it’s worth, I still really miss this point in my career. I was working almost 100% on backend and database coding and had my iPad connected to a truly monstrous server hosted by Hetzner. It felt very “pure” and simple compared to all the IDEs and debugging tools I’m forced to contend with now.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

And iPad Pros aren’t? :smiley:

AstonJ

AstonJ

I haven’t but I know @jamiedumont has some good experience here - hopefully he’ll spot this and add some thoughts :blush:

Where Next?

Popular Ios topics Top

AstonJ
Are there any improvements you think Apple could make to make things easier?
New
New
bot
Apple’s Swift has far-reaching effects on all platforms, not just iOS, OS X, watchOS, and tvOS. Learn why Swift matters, how to use the p...
New
New
AstonJ
New iPhones incoming… probably with 5G. Any other guesses? Anyone going to be watching it? 10 AM PDT 5 PM GMT 6 PM UK
New
herminiotorres
Someone uses iPad Pro as a principal device to working? Most like programming stuff in your day-by-day?
New
AstonJ
Doesn’t have to be for coding, but just apps you’ve found useful; :smiley: I think this is great: The thing I like most about it is h...
New
RustemAqtau
Hi! Do you use 3rd party UI inspector tools like Sherlock or Reveal? Which is better?
New
RustemAqtau
How to convert time recurrence(daily, weekly, monthly, etc) to Rrule format and send to backend? Ex: "rrule": "FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,W...
New
steve_0
I am a react native developer and now, I want to upskill myself to become a native iOS developer. I have already started learning the ba...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New