CommunityNews
HTML Tips (2020)
In this article, I will share with you some very useful HTML tips . Enjoy!
** Post will be updated regularly with new tips!*
- The
loading=lazyattribute- Email, call, and SMS links
- Ordered lists
startattribute- The
meterelement- HTML Native Search
- Fieldset Element
- Window.opener
- Base Element
- Favicon cache busting
- The
spellcheckattribute
Read about the rest here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Most Liked
AstonJ
Good point! Maybe it would be a good idea if the author included a note about compatibility with each item in the list as well. Modern browsers are usually quite good (tho Safari is becoming a bit like IE!)
4
OvermindDL1
According to:
https://caniuse.com/datalist
It works in the TR of Safari, so “soon” I guess, and it “works” in firefox in certain contexts right now, but not other contexts.
4
GermaVinsmoke
Yeah, the datalist tag in #5 doesn’t work in Firefox and Safari.
3
Popular Frontend topics
A WebAssembly Powered Augmented Reality Sudoku Solver.
An Augmented Reality Sudoku solver using the WebAssembly build of OpenCV (a C++ ...
New
WebAssembly has been one of the trendiest intermediate representations since a while.
However, its definition of safety means preventing...
New
The challenge of searching static websites is effectively a solved problem with brilliant, yet widely unadopted, solutions.
These projec...
New
PDF documents are a major part of our digital lives and, in an era where we spend most of our time working inside a web browser, enhancin...
New
You can write fast, modern, responsive web applications by generating your HTML on the server, and delivering that (with a little help) d...
New
ReScript, née BuckleScript, is a state-of-the-art compiler that used to target OCaml (and Reason), but is fast moving away from its paren...
New
In episode 59 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Joel Kemp about his experience introducing Elixir at Spotify. We learn about the concurren...
New
You are storing some Phoenix LiveView state in the browser. You want to retrieve that saved state as early as possible to improve the use...
New
TypeScript’s never type is very under-discussed, because it’s not nearly as ubiquitous or inescapable as other types. A TypeScript beginn...
New
Bumblebee & Stable Diffusion & Phoenix Live View meets in one place! Learn how to create a live prompt generating Stable Diffusio...
New
Other popular topics
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /laravel









