CommunityNews

CommunityNews

I'm brave enough to say it: Linux is good now, and if you want to feel like you actually own your PC, make 2026 the year of Linux on (your) desktop

Now if you don’t mind I’m going to delete the root folder and see what happens.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

First poster: davearonson
Managing an External Display on Linux Shouldn’t Be This Hard. I first started using Linux and FreeBSD on laptops in the late 1990s. Back...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve used NixOS as the only OS on my laptop for around three years at this point. Installing it has felt sort of like a curse: on the one...
New
First poster: bot
What is this OS about? Phantom is, basically, a virtual machine (VM) working in a huge persistent virtual memory. Part of the VM classes ...
New
New
First poster: Mansky
My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour. My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour
New
First poster: bot
Symbiote gives remote access to any account. Normal methods don’t detect it.
New
New
CommunityNews
After years of innovation and community collaboration, we’re ending support for Clear Linux OS. Effective immediately, Intel will no long...
New
CommunityNews
Incus provides support for two different types of instances: system containers and virtual machines. Incus uses features of the Linux ker...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New