CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Everything you need to know before try Emacs

What you need to know before try Emacs.
When it comes to Emacs, every programmer should have heard its name more or less. After all, Emacs has nearly forty years of history. However, many users abandon Emacs before comfort with it due to the steep learning curve. I understand their frustration, I also made many attempts before “skilled” in Emacs. After spend honey moon with Emacs for four years, I think I can share what I learn from Emacs and it’s best if it’s beneficial for newcomers.

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

Most Liked

herminiotorres

herminiotorres

I open this link very quickly, and I like what I saw that, and definitely. I will definitely read more carefully this blog post because I started using emacs, and I came from vim, and sometimes I have this feeling I am missing something…

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

New
New
New
First poster: davearonson
Welcome to the third part of this series aimed to help you unleash a power never seen on Earth using the Almighty Vim. If you don’t under...
New
First poster: bot
Once, there was a civilization (the Lisp Machine world) a lot like ours, but more advanced, with greater powers (like symbolic computatio...
New
First poster: bot
See full diagram here: https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/eab57dfe784f016085251771d65a75a471ca22d4/vimModeStateDiagram.svg This...
New
nirg
So, I actually got my Onivim License Key a while back. Am a Vim user for about 4 years. For me it was never ready enough for getting ac...
New
XSukhpreet
I think for now VsCode is getting very much goody at developer side, even thou sublime text 4 is faster . But if Onivim take these two an...
New
AstonJ
Anyone seen Neovide? Looks pretty neat! This is a simple graphical user interface for Neovim (an aggressively refactored and updated Vi...
New
First poster: malloryerik
A modern open source code editor in Rust Native GUI and Rust powered performance, we as developers know what you need for an essential to...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New