CommunityNews
Learn Vim Progressively
TL;DR: You want to teach yourself vim (the best text editor known to human kind) in the fastest way possible. This is my way of doing it. You start by learning the minimal to survive, then you integrate all the tricks slowly…
https://yannesposito.com/Scratch/en/blog/Learn-Vim-Progressively/
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Most Liked
iPaul
In my case, I learned enough Vim to be able to do quick editing on remote servers, it used to be that you could always find a Vi/Vim installed on a new Linux machine. Those days you can always find Nano installed on a new Linux machine so I mostly use Nano for quick editing. For serious dev work I use Visual Studio Code with the Remote Dev extension.
1
Popular General Dev topics
SpaceVim seems to be gaining in features and popularity and I just wondered how it compares with SpaceMacs in 2020 - anyone have any thou...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
New
Why I Teach vim.
The why of why people use vim has been covered fairly extensively, so I thought I would spend a little time explaining ...
New
Download and play .puz crossword puzzles in Emacs.
Includes a browser to view puzzles’ detailed metadata, including progress of partially...
New
I am thinking of switching to Onivim from VSCode Vim since VSCode Vim supports limited Vim features . Would like to hear from the current...
New
Hi, it’s Takuya. I use Neovim to develop my app called Inkdrop. Recently, I’ve got some updates for my Neovim setup since I’ve published ...
New
I installed Github Copilot (VS Code extension) and signed up for the technical preview three days ago. Yesterday I got the invitation, an...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Here’s my (current) minimal setup:
set ai nocp digraph ek hid ru sc vb wmnu noeb noet nosol
set bs=2 fo=cqrt ls=2 shm=at tw=72 ww=&l...
New
Other popular topics
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11398)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /laravel









