CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Dissecting Deno

I had the chance to toy around with Deno recently. And with “toy around” I mean dissecting it into little pieces and see how the sausage was made. So, my view is not from a user’s perspective who wants to create and run apps with it, but rather one who has a huge interest in JavaScript runtimes, Serverless, and Rust.

Let me say that I learned a ton! And since I write down everything that I learn, I want to share my learnings with you. Disclaimer: There might be some things totally wrong. This is mostly a write-up from me browsing through the Deno repository and using the Deno crates myself. If I got something wrong, please let me know!

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
How I Write Elm Applications. This is the homepage of Jezen Thomas — programmer, and founder of NewBusinessMonitor and Comparestack. Top...
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Background: Lots of discussions and arguments on Twitter, GitHub, blogs and mailing lists. A summary can be found in eg. this GitHub issu...
New
First poster: bot
The Elm Architecture is one of the great innovations Elm brought to the software industry. But one of the questions that often comes up i...
New
First poster: bot
The Tower of Hanoi is a classic mathematical puzzle that is often used as an introduction to recursion. We can express a solution to this...
New
First poster: AstonJ
In this article, I will share with you some very useful HTML tips . Enjoy! ** Post will be updated regularly with new tips!* The loa...
New
brainlid
You are storing some Phoenix LiveView state in the browser. You want to retrieve that saved state as early as possible to improve the use...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
I have to admit: as I’ve watched Tailwind enthusiastically adopted by more and more of the frontend community, I’ve remained skeptical. B...
New
sorentwo
A new article showcasing some of Oban, and Oban Pro’s, distinct agentic workflow abilities.
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New