mbuhot

mbuhot

Clean up your seeds with Generators and AshOps

Hey everyone, here’s a blog post I just published about improving seed data management in Elixir projects. In the post, I cover using Ash’s generators to create the seed data and AshOps to expose seed commands as mix tasks.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
Why Zig When There is Already C++, D, and Rust? No hidden control flow No hidden allocations First-class support for no standard library...
New
First poster: bot
In a previous post we talked about implementing a simple video chat with WebRTC and Elixir. This update will touch on some of the API cha...
New
AstonJ
Just finished doing a clean install of macOS (which I highly recommend btw!) and have updated my macOS Ruby & Elixir/Erlang dev env s...
New
AstonJ
If you’re interested in Rust this is worth a read :smiley: Technology from the past come to save the future from itself Hi I have be...
New
First poster: dimitarvp
I’ve spent the last year building keyboards, which has included writing firmware for a variety custom circuit boards. I initially wrote ...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been more serious about learning Rust recently, after dragging on with passive learning for a while. My first real programming langu...
New
brainlid
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
tonyxrandall
As DoorDash transitioned from Python monolith to Kotlin microservices, our engineering team was presented with a lot of opportunities to ...
New
brainlid
In episode 92 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Mitchell Hanberg and learn about why he created the alternate Phoenix templating language ...
New
mudasobwa
Peeper is the tiny library to preserve state across GenServer crashes/restarts. Works as an almost drop-in substitute for GenServer, sui...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New