RomanStarCoder

RomanStarCoder

Bluey The Circle 2 (Or known as Bluey and Bolty)

(Note: I said this on multiple other forums, but nobody either actually said anything, or the mods don’t approve me. I’m just wondering for feedback and general interest)
So far, I’ve been working on my big sequel to the lackluster, buggy, flawed, but still perfect: Bluey The Circle. I did make several side games that seem to expand upon this little franchise. Bluey The Circle 2 is an html game featuring Bluey:


Plot

Bluey and his sidekick/friend, Bolty. They both team up to destroy the main villain Cubelord (a crowned kind fellow who is also a supervillain wanting universal domination) plans for him to launch a moon sized space weapon (like the Death Star, or the Death Egg) also called the Death Cube!

–Gameplay–

its a Sonic Styled game (not a fangame) with many new elements also. You break windows (because baseballs always hit windows) and recover power-ups turning Bluey into a different form Burn Bluey is a fire themed Bluey which doesn’t take damage from hot stuff and can do a mid-air dash, Bubble Bluey can bounce from the ground and can’t drown in water, Breeze Bluey can jump high and can also double jump. You destroy Cube-niks for points on your score and collect coins to slightly replenish your health. You have a spin-dash esque move also to boost you around. You pass through portals in some levels but free capsules in boss acts. There are around 12-13 levels planned in this game with most have Acts (1, 2, 3, X) and the 3rd act usually has a bossfight. Theres a demonstration video here:

Bluey The Circle 2 Update #2

–Summary–

So thats it! I’m currently working on it outside of my original platform, Khan Academy (I used PJS5 on there but space and time constraints later, its now an html game) I really am looking for more ideas because I want this to be better than the original first game, I also want some feedback on certain ideas I have say change this or that. So?

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

Margaret
Hello game developers. I’m an editor at The Pragmatic Bookshelf. I have a book by our own Tammy Coron on Native Apple Game Development wi...
New
AstonJ
https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/ You have to start by entering a word (rather than just random characters) Here’s today’s (...
New
Devmar1
Hi Guys, What is your opinion about geo-distributed testing, do you and use it and why? And which resources do you use for testing pro...
New
Norpoleon
Team JethKo - Knee Deep is a detective adventure with role-playing elements & turn-based combat. What started as a small project tur...
New
GiuseS84
Hi guys, I’ve developed a free game on Google Play Store, could you tell me what you think? The game is called “Structures: a building p...
New
RobertRichards
FEI Equestriad World Tour This game is mainly developed to amuse horse racing lovers. What makes this game quite engaging is the realist...
New
project-aftershock
Hello Guys, I developed my first game and I am trying to polish the demo before the next fest to be able to get feedback. The story cons...
New
User_e8vk3npt
Hello, Are there graphics programmers here who use Vulkan, OpenGL, or like to do things bare metal and custom game engines? Check This o...
New
bboolean
Hello! Here’s a group theory (think Rubik’s Cube) like game I made called Ro. Make boxes rotate, translate, twist, and duplicate so that ...
New
svenkoggel46
Hello, I am creating a game similar to minecraft. but why? Nowadays minecraft doesn’t have that nostalgic feeling anymore. Pvp isn’t the ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New