bot

bot

Xbox blinks first by pricing Xbox Series X ahead of Sony's PS5

A new item has been posted via one of our automated news source trackers:

Last time around, Sony undercut its rival after waiting to go second to see what Microsoft would do.

Microsoft tweeted that the new machine would cost £449 in the UK, €500 in Europe and $499 in the States.

And in a surprise move, it added that EA’s Play games subscription service would be bundled with its own Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, to offer members a wider range of titles to choose from.

The announcement came the day after the US tech giant revealed that a second less powerful version of the next-generation console, called the Xbox Series S, would cost £250.

If you feel this thread could be in a better category or could include better tags and you are at Trust Level 3 or higher, please feel free to move/edit it :+1:

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

I would have thought next gen consoles would have been £399 or cheaper… surprised they are going to be £449 in the current climate.

Really interested to see how that £250 version pans out tho - this gen could be really interesting!

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

Margaret
Hello game developers. I’m an editor at The Pragmatic Bookshelf. I have a book by our own Tammy Coron on Native Apple Game Development wi...
New
AstonJ
This was on the UK Dragons Den and I thought it was a neat use of existing technology (Playstation 3 camera which you can buy for about £...
New
AstonJ
Probably more of a mid-sized team than small indie, but has gone viral after gameplay footage was released (which they did to attract mor...
New
Jsdr3398
I just had a random thought come to my head: is there something like pygame for Elixir? Would Elixir be better or worse for game dev?
New
First poster: iPaul
“The Last of Us,” HBO’s upcoming original series, gets an official release date of January 15, 2023, WarnerMedia announced today. Based o...
New
GiuseS84
Hi guys, I’ve developed a free game on Google Play Store, could you tell me what you think? The game is called “Structures: a building p...
New
mattygames
I created a game that you can play on your phone in your browser. No downloads, no ads, no subscriptions and other nonsense: just click t...
New
scrut.hut
New game engine needs developers. Language is C++ and designs are complete for the project architecture. Anyone wanting to join a gamed...
New
lingo1357
Hello, I have a problem that you probably have too. I don’t have a problem with coding, but my problem is that as the game progresses, I...
New
dveloper
just made a scratch game, check it out! #brick breaker https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1319253885
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New