skellt

skellt

Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Prefix chapter number in zip file

This is super minor, but I would find it helpful if the folders in the zip file containing sample code had the chapter number at the front. Instead of CreatingScenesWithSpritesAndNodes perhaps 1-CreatingScenesWithSpritesAndNodes or Ch1-CreatingScenesWithSpritesAndNodes. Then the folders would sort in order and the resources/code would be easier to find.

The current chapter name is printed at the top of every other page, so it’s not that hard to figure out what folder the current code/resources are in. But I am finding myself jumping back to the folders for the previous chapter, or the next chapter, now and then and I have to check the table of contents to get the chapter title before I can do so.

Marked As Solved

Paradox927

Paradox927

Author and Editor at PragProg

Hello, David.

We are unable to include chapter numbers within our folder names. However, there is something you can do:

In Finder, you can turn on the Comments column, and then sort by that column.
Right-click the Name column in Finder, then select the Comments option:

After that, you can add the chapter number to each folder.
Right-click the folder, select Get Info, and enter the chapter number in the Comments box:

You can also use Tags to further help identify each chapter and its companion game. For example, Gloop Drop is set to Green, Val’s Revenge is set to Blue, and Hog is set to Purple. I also set up secondary colors for different parts of the book since Gloop Drop and Val’s Revenge are covered in multiple parts:

Sadly, my Comments and Tags remain local to my system. There may be a way to include these two options when sharing the files, but I’ve yet to find a way to do so.

Hope that helps!

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

ianwillie
Hello Brian, I have some problems with running the code in your book. I like the style of the book very much and I have learnt a lot as...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
gilesdotcodes
In case this helps anyone, I’ve had issues setting up the rails source code. Here were the solutions: In Gemfile, change gem 'rails' t...
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
brunogirin
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error: tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
rainforest
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels. Before ...
New
dtonhofer
@parrt In the context of Chapter 4.3, the grammar Java.g4, meant to parse Java 6 compilation units, no longer passes ANTLR (currently 4....
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: