masterhood13

masterhood13

Part 2 of My Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor

[Project Update] Part 2 of My Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor – Now Available!

Hey DevTalk community!

I just published the second part of my series on building a Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor. This project combines machine learning with feature engineering to try and forecast match outcomes, using Python as the primary tool.

What’s New in Part 2:

  • Dataset Enhancement: Exploring ways to add valuable context to our data and handle unique in-game events.
  • Feature Engineering: Selecting and testing new features that could capture the game dynamics more accurately.
  • Challenges and Technical Insights: From balancing data to working with game-specific features, I go over the issues I encountered and the solutions that helped.

Tools & Libraries Used:

Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and NumPy for data manipulation and ML, plus a few custom scripts to preprocess and enrich data.

If you’re into Python, gaming analytics, or machine learning, I’d love to hear your feedback on how I can improve the model. I’m especially interested in any tips on feature engineering and managing data with high dimensionality.

Check out the article here: https://medium.com/@masterhood13/building-a-dota-2-match-outcome-predictor-part-2-enhancing-the-dataset-and-adding-new-features-3522965de468

Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas!

python devtalk #MachineLearning #Dota2 #FeatureEngineering #PredictiveModeling

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

RobertRichards
In the early days, online gaming was limited to the screens of smartphones, PCs, tablets, and other devices. However, with the advent of ...
New
masterhood13
I just published an article detailing my journey in building a Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor using machine learning and data analysis. I...
New
ozornin
I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it. I started writing the post intend...
New
New
waseigo
Top-tier LLMs, Rust and Erlang NIFs; nifty, and night and day vs. C, but let me tell you about vibe coding… After I submitted my blog po...
New
xiji2646-netizen
You guys aren’t gonna believe this. Anthropic‘s engineers just dropped a goldmine — a deep dive into how they’re actually using Claude C...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Anthropic announced Claude Mythos Preview this week – and then said it will not release it to the public. Their reasoning: the model’s cy...
New
wolf4earth
The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of su...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I have been looking through Seedance 2.0 prompt examples and noticed a pattern: The prompts that work best are usually not just longer. ...
New
alvinkatojr
Found this article a refreshing take on this obsession with AI tokens and “tokenmaxing”. Read and enjoy! :slight_smile:
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New