CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Understanding the Rust hype for the busy developer

First, let's be clear, this post is not intended to fuel any programming language holy war. I wrote this post because I've sometime been late to understand the benefits of

Read in full here:

First Post!

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

This was an ok read. The author hit the nail on the head about Rust’s standard library issues. I just didn’t think it was that big of a trouble but I do now.

All things aside, Rust is here to stay!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
For the first time in the history of TIOBE’s index, Java has slipped out of the top two, leaving Python to occupy the spot behind reignin...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Is Rust Used Safely by Software Developers?. Rust, an emerging programming language with explosive growth, provides a robust type syste...
New
First poster: bot
Rubinius began as a metacircular implementation of Ruby and was billed as Ruby in Ruby. Today the core and much of the standard library, ...
New
First poster: bot
Why Lisp? A lot of people ask us the question, why do we choose to use Common Lisp as our primary development language? Often times the q...
New
First poster: bot
For the first 8 or so years of my programming experience, while I was an undergraduate and later graduate student, working in the experim...
New
First poster: adamaiken89
PHP: Frankenstein arrays. PHP has become quite a nice language, but there are some ugly legacies left from the past. Like the deceptive ...
New
First poster: bot
Disclaimer: I work at Uber and am partially responsible for bringing zig cc to serious internal use. Opinions are mine, this blog post is...
New
First poster: herbert
Why Rust should not have provided unwrap. I see the unwrap function called a lot, especially in example code, quick-and-dirty prototype ...
New
First poster: bot
not-common-lisp-to-julia.org. GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.
New
First poster: bot
crubit/design.md at main · google/crubit. Contribute to google/crubit development by creating an account on GitHub.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New