wolf4earth

wolf4earth

Written language as the shared substrate between literate brains and LLMs

The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of substrate. The empirical anchor is Nucci 2026 in Cortex, plus the broader cognitive neuroscience of reading. This part of the argument does not depend on AI self-reports — it rests on what cognitive neuroscience says about how reading reorganizes the brain, and on what mechanistic interpretability says about how LLMs are built.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

RobertRichards
In the early days, online gaming was limited to the screens of smartphones, PCs, tablets, and other devices. However, with the advent of ...
New
masterhood13
[Project Update] Part 2 of My Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor – Now Available! Hey DevTalk community! I just published the second part o...
New
ozornin
I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it. I started writing the post intend...
New
waseigo
Top-tier LLMs, Rust and Erlang NIFs; nifty, and night and day vs. C, but let me tell you about vibe coding… After I submitted my blog po...
New
John-BoothIQ
TL;DR: Good: AI is great at Elixir. It gets better as your codebase grows. Bad: It defaults to defensive, imperative code. You need...
New
xiji2646-netizen
You guys aren’t gonna believe this. Anthropic‘s engineers just dropped a goldmine — a deep dive into how they’re actually using Claude C...
New
aralroca
I wrote about a different approach to AI agents. Instead of building bots that screenshot your screen and click buttons (like OpenAI Oper...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I have been evaluating the three major AI video generation APIs for a project and figured this might save others some research time. Curi...
New
wolf4earth
The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of su...
New
alvinkatojr
Found this article a refreshing take on this obsession with AI tokens and “tokenmaxing”. Read and enjoy! :slight_smile:
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New