John-BoothIQ
150,000 Lines of Vibe Coded Elixir: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
TL;DR:
-
Good: AI is great at Elixir. It gets better as your codebase grows.
-
Bad: It defaults to defensive, imperative code. You need to be strict about what good Elixir looks like.
-
Ugly: It can’t debug concurrent test failures. It doesn’t understand that each test runs in an isolated transaction, or that processes have independent lifecycles. It spirals until you step in.
-
Bottom Line: Even with the drawbacks, the productivity gains are off the charts. I expect it will only get better.
You can read the full article here:
Popular Ai topics
In the early days, online gaming was limited to the screens of smartphones, PCs, tablets, and other devices. However, with the advent of ...
New
I just published an article detailing my journey in building a Dota 2 Match Outcome Predictor using machine learning and data analysis. I...
New
I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it.
I started writing the post intend...
New
TL;DR:
Good: AI is great at Elixir. It gets better as your codebase grows.
Bad: It defaults to defensive, imperative code. You need...
New
Agents execute at scale. Accountability doesn’t transfer. The founder who delegates everything to AI doesn’t become a CEO with thousands ...
New
You guys aren’t gonna believe this.
Anthropic‘s engineers just dropped a goldmine — a deep dive into how they’re actually using Claude C...
New
I wrote about a different approach to AI agents. Instead of building bots that screenshot your screen and click buttons (like OpenAI Oper...
New
I have been evaluating the three major AI video generation APIs for a project and figured this might save others some research time. Curi...
New
The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of su...
New
Found this article a refreshing take on this obsession with AI tokens and “tokenmaxing”. Read and enjoy! :slight_smile:
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









