CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Why Flatpak Apps Use So Much Disk Space On Linux - OSTechNix

This tutorial explains why Flatpak apps use so much disk space and are larger in size compared to traditional packages in Linux.

Read in full here:

https://ostechnix.com/why-flatpak-apps-use-so-much-disk-space/

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

New
First poster: bot
RISC-V Linux on ESP32. I’ve been playing with the idea of running linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, t...
New
First poster: bot
High System Load with Low CPU Utilization on Linux? - Tanel Poder Consulting. In this post I will show you how to break down Linux syste...
New
CommunityNews
Linux 6.15 kernel comes with new Rust-based drivers, performance gains, and more.
New
CommunityNews
The final issue of Linux Format, the UK’s best selling monthly Linux magazine, has gone on sale. The first issue launched in May 2000.
New
CommunityNews
Attackers can exploit two newly discovered local privilege escalation (LPE) vulnerabilities to gain root privileges on systems running ma...
New
CommunityNews
A review of Nix/NixOS after using it on all my machines for three years. I’ll cover what works, what doesn’t, and why it’s the first OS t...
New
CommunityNews
Linux desktop market share reaches 5.03% in the USA (June 2025) according to StatCounter. Discover why more users are choosing Linux.
New
CommunityNews
Incus provides support for two different types of instances: system containers and virtual machines. Incus uses features of the Linux ker...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Revive your old PC with Linux in 2026. I tested lightweight distros, zram tuning, SSD upgrades, and browser optimization on a 2014 ThinkP...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New