CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Reverse Engineering the M1

The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware stack would be propri…

Watch here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

New
First poster: bot
Apple Silicon M1: A Developer’s Perspective. The excitement around Apple’s new M1 chip is everywhere. I bought a MacBook Air 16GB M1 to ...
New
First poster: bot
The release of Apple Silicon-based Macs at the end of last year generated a flurry of news coverage and some surprises at the machine’s p...
New
First poster: bot
What is ownership? Ownership is the responsibility of some piece of code to eventually cause a value to be destroyed. An ownership system...
New
First poster: bot
The Swift concurrency model intends to provide a safe programming model that statically detects data races and other common concurrency b...
New
First poster: bot
mathiasbynens/dotfiles. :wrench: .files, including ~/.macos — sensible hacker defaults for macOS - mathiasbynens/dotfiles This threa...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been re-reading the Swift structured concurrency roadmap and the Swift actors proposal and noticed a note on the latter saying: “P...
New
First poster: bot
The story of Apple CEO Steve Jobs is one of the most familiar in American business — shaggy Bob-Dylan-loving kid starts a computer compan...
New
First poster: bot
Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await. Async/await is a high level, stru...
New
First poster: bot
MainActor is a new attribute introduced in Swift 5.5 as a global actor providing an executor which performs its tasks on the main thread....
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New